Friday, December 31, 2004

What a way to end the year

I would like to wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year, although I highly doubt that 2005 will be safer that 2004. In fact I think that it will probably be much more dangerous that 2004. Hopefully I am wrong.
Today I have to go to a funeral of a close family friend. He and his wife live(d) across the street from my parents and always were kind and friendly. His wife was able to attend my wedding, but unfortunately, he was too ill. I wish he could have been there. Two key memories that I have of Sid were his German Shepard, which he loved, and his restaurant supply business. I remember having about 50 pens from his business disassembled in my desk at school when I was younger (I used the springs as a form of rocket launcher). Looking back on 2004, it was a good year for me. For one, I got married to a girl that I knew would be the one for me the minute I met her. Secondly, I was for the most part healthy, and did not have any surgeries. I was also able to go on an awesome rock-climbing trip at Smith Rocks with a good friend that got me totally hooked on climbing. I should also mention the post-wedding trip (we did not call it a honeymoon). We spent 2 weeks in the Czech Republic site seeing and partying with two friends. It was very memorable for many good reasons. There were many other reasons why 2004 was a good year, i.e. family, friends, music, movies, but I don't have the time to extrapolate on them. See you in 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home