Tuesday, March 08, 2005

A blog to blog

I have been meaning to blog over the last few days, but I have just not had the energy to do so. As some may know, I am still recovering from the great backup of 2005 at the place I have come to know as the money pit – or better known to everyone else as my house. It is not as if my house is bad or anything, it is just getting to that stage in its life where things are in need of replacement or cleaning – just like an old person. For example, two years ago, the top shingles of the roof blew off during a wind storm. I equate this to balding. The latest snaking of the plumbing lines is like removing the blockages in someone’s arteries after years of fast food. OK, enough about that. Today, my dad and his buddy came over and upgraded my breaker panel in my house to one that has room for 30 circuit breakers. It was really cool of him and his buddy (both journeyman electricians) to take the time to do this for me. Not only did they save me $500+, but they also rearranged some of the wiring so that the load is more evenly distributed, i.e. fewer popped circuits. On top of this, they ran me a 220 line in the basement so that I can put in some baseboard heat. My dad is cool like that. Now, if all goes well, the plumber will be here this weekend to replace the galvanized pipes with nice stable copper ones. Then, once this is complete, I will install the new lighting, heat ducts, paint, and then put up the new ceiling. This should be in just in time for my good friends Jason and Sung to arrive in town during their annual Midwest visit.
For those who do not know them, Jason and Sung are good friends of mine who moved to Seattle, WA about 7 years ago. When they lived here, they used to be the ones who setup the social events for the week, i.e. we had a lot of fun. On to p of this, Jason and I used to mountain bike together, which was a blast. I really miss them and I have admittedly been lame in not visiting them in Seattle. I constantly wish that they would move back to the Detroit area, so that we could hang again although I know that it would be different as they have a son now.
In other news, my friend Ken is trying to convince me to go climbing in Yosemite in late May. In all honesty, there is really not much convincing that has to be done to me, but I really cannot justify another trip without my wife. Now, if she were to say go, it would be another thing off of my “things I have to do before I have kids list,” which would put us another step closer to that scary parent thing. OK, I am in no rush to have kids, so maybe that is why I am not pushing this trip. Granted, I really, really, really, really want to go. I have been to Yosemite many times, but I have never had the opportunity to climb there, so this trip would rock if I could go. I guess we will see.
Finally, my best friend John is leaving for Greece tomorrow. I never thought he would leave the country, as it is like pulling teeth to get him to leave the state, but I guess this girl must be really special for him. I am actually happy for him, as she sounds like a really interesting person, and she seems to make him honestly happy. I hope that he has a good flight, and that they have a great time together.
Well, enough banter for the evening. Till next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger JulieU. said...

She IS an amazing girl. Glen and I are all a twitter about the two of 'em.

March 9, 2005 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home