Friday, February 18, 2005

The Joy's of Home Ownership

I love owning a home. Then again do I really own it. Really, I am just an investor in it, at this point with about a 20% equity stake in the culver house corporation. Although I do not even have a 50% stake in the corporation, I still have to foot 100% of the bills for anything that occurs in the house. How is this? Shouldn't the maintenance be split by all stockholders in the Culver house? At this point, you may be asking, why is he ranting about this crap? Well, last night I cam home to the joys of clogged plumbing in my basement. Fortunately no possessions were lost in this, but I will have to rip up the raised floor to clean up the sewage. This should be a joy, as I will have to remove the carpeting (which did not get damaged), move it out of the way, then start the removal of the raised floor. After all of this, I will have the pleasure of cleaning the sewage, then replacing the floor. Oh joy. Just what I wanted to do this weekend. Did I mention that my insurance company is being really helpful? Sure, they jacked my rates up $100, then they tell me that I need to have the plumber tell them that there is sewage in my basement. I love them.

More to come later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home