Sunday, March 04, 2007

Weekend Events

Well, this weekend has been OK considering how it started. Friday night a bunch of us got together to watch Al Gore's movie "The Inconvenient Truth," which was really good except the spot where he did the whole "sour grapes" election dig. It is amazing how bad we have screwed up this planet, especially those of us who live in worlds largest throw away society, the USA.
Yesterday, I went climbing in the morning, which is always good, and later that evening I met up with friends for dinner and the 3-D reunion at Luna (a dance club in Royal Oak). I will be honest, it was really hard for me to go to the event as it was something I did last year with her.
Here are some pictures:



Today I had a charity run downtown for my best friends kid sister who is doing a "Team in Training" event. It was very interesting because it was a bikini/swimsuit run. I saved people and wore pants, but there were some very interesting getup's. The run was cool, and I did the mile in 7 minutes flat, which is great considering that I have not been running in almost 3 months. I am sure I will pay for it later. Here are some pictures:
Imagine running behind him the whole route...... not pretty

I think the inner tube helped him run faster
Me and my best friends kid sister.
Anyhow, I am trying to get up the gumption to go see my grandmother, but I am not sure I can handle any additional negative emotions right now. I know that sounds horrible, but I am right on the edge emotionally right now, and I don't feel like falling off again. For now I am going to do laundry, and go get a new wastebasket for the master bathroom.
Tomorrow it is back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home