Saturday, March 03, 2007

A poem I found

I wish I knew the title and author to this poem

Once more, I find myself alone within this twisted mire
of lives cascading here and there - rushing...but no fire.
What lies, deceit and jerks I meet...why, Lord, be it so?
If not the physical, then emotional abuse is the way to go?
Where once there was a smile ever so bright upon my face
is now an empty shadow...frowning...jilted and out of place.
She lied to me and to my heart...damn those stupid games!
I only wanted to love someone and for them to feel the same!
Is that too much to ask of one who says they wish that too?
Dear Lord, please reprieve this pain, I’ve already paid my dues.
Looking...looking once more for that smile I wish to keep.
Lord, I pray unto you...lend me comfort now as I continue to weep.
Give me strength when I feel as though I can no longer stand.
Give me courage when I feel my heart’s been ripped out by a hand.
Give me love when I feel as though all I can do is self-loath.
Give me direction when I feel as though I’ve lost my road.
I feel as though all has a reason within this mixed up world.
I cannot fathom any more pain...I’m just a simple boy!
I’ve been bruised, choked and beaten emotionally by words!
I’ve survived some horrible things to become flighty as the birds.
Give me the serenity that I shall need to look at someone and trust
that they are not before me to harm me nor to cause heart to further rust.
Please, mend my broken heart as you would mend a broken wing.
Let it find its true match out there...let this song find voice to sing!
I do not wish to be alone, Lord. Hear this young poet’s prayer.
Wrap your arms around me when I need most for someone to care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home