Friday, January 26, 2007

Life Is Different

2006 started off as a good year, but ended up in the crapper. In December, my wife of 2+ years, and partner of 7 years sad that she was unhappy. I tried to work on the marriage through both counseling, and by trying to do what she said was weak in our relationship. It did not seem to matter to her, and in the process she drove me into clinical depression. What went wrong with my relationship one may ask? Well, to be honest, I can only say that we forgot how to communicate to each other due to her hectic schedule, and my ability to find things to occupy my free time. 2 marriage councilors and a psychiatrist all said that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with our marriage, but yet she has still pulled away. I wonder if she has found someone new, and if that is the case, I wish she would be honest with me. She has moved out and I have now idea where she lives. Life is different now. I live alone in the shell of a house that was once my home. I do not have the level of happiness that I had with her. I will find it again, and I am on the road to recovery. One thing to note is that people can change behaviors, but it takes time. I do miss my spouse, but I am not missing the person who has been so cold and heartless to me for the last 2 months. I wonder if my spouse will ever reappear? Life is different now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life may be different and challenging now, but at least you've got a network of friends and family to help you through it. Good luck on your journey and don't be afraid to ask for help...

January 27, 2007 at 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home