Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Finding Support and Self Reflection

Today I attended a support group to help me work through my situation. It was great to hear all the different perspectives of the people going through similar situations, and how they have dealt with it. They all said that they were impressed with me and how I am at a place that takes most people six months to a year to get to. They also said that I am a Mentsh -- yiddish for a good person. It also felt good to know that some of the emotions that I am having are completely normal and that the steps that I am taking are very appropriate. I obviously wish that I was not going through this (Hell, I do not want it, but I also will not be a doormat), and that more of a team effort was put into the situation, but one person does not make a team.
The reality is that I am a different person now than I was 3 months ago -- an improved person. Maybe it is a good thing that I have had this time for self reflection. I have learned to recognize my faults and now have the ability to deal with them in an appropriate manner. Sure, I may slip-up on occasion, but nobody is perfect.
Tomorrow I am going to see a band that I really like. It will be worth the late night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glen said...

So let me get this straight....drinking and driving and fighting in strip clubs??

Have you joined the NBA????

No more of that drinking and driving stuff, OK??

February 21, 2007 at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home