Sunday, February 18, 2007

Free your mind and the rest will follow

Today has been pretty hectic for me, but I did find time to do some personal meditation so that I could decide how to manage a few different issues. The meditation methods that I choose today were two. The first was a brisk 3 mile hike and the second was actual meditation in a quiet room. The hike was used to burn some energy and to get help me garner focus. I love the beauty of snow and found that the hike though nature really freed my mind to help me focus on the issues that are at hand. The second form of meditation allowed me to sit quietly and take each issue individually and then to determine what course of action I am going to take. This process worked really well for me, and I feel as if I made some great decisions on what I need to do.

Sanskrit Proverb

Look to this day,
For it is life,
The very life of life.
In its brief course lies all
The realities and verities of existence,
The bliss of growth,
The splendor of action,
The glory of power-
For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision,
But today, well lived,
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore, to this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home