Thursday, February 15, 2007

I was thinking....

Tonight I am going to dinner with a friend and her husband, which got me thinking about the first time I was introduced to him. I had gone with my friend to help her select a snowboard prior to an annual ski trip that we had been taking. After a hour in the shop, she found the board, bindings, and boots, as well as a jacket and gloves. I too also purchased a new snowboard jacket (one I still use today). After that, we headed to Royal Oak to meet up with a friend of hers for dinner -- a friend who would later become her husband. We had dinner at Mr B's, where we chatted for a bit, and then I remember getting a page (Yes, we used pagers back then) from another friend asking me if I wanted to go see a modern dance ballet (It was setup by her college ballet class teacher). Being done with dinner, I said sure, and headed to downtown Detroit to meet up with this person and see the show. Now, I am no fan of the standard ballet, but this one was pretty interesting, being that the music was more modern and the dance was more active. Anyway, I guess it stuck in my memory as it was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home