Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wallpaper be damned!

I do not know what the people who put up this wallpaper used to adhere it to the wall, but it is not coming down without a fight. I used half a bottle of Diff on just one section and I still cannot get the paper to come down. Plus, this paper is super thick. The scoring wheel barely made a dent in the top of the paper. It looks like I may have to rent one of those steamers to see if that will loosen up the paper from the wall. If not, I am going to be busy for awhile.
Anyhow, I had dinner with my father and a family friend who just had knee surgery. We ordered carry-out fish and chips from the Blarney Stone in Royal Oak. It was really good, but I think that I clogged an artery. Oh well!
Anyway, here is a poem that I did not write but says a lot:
By Seeker

you closed the door
i closed my eyes,
to see no more
of your disguise
to feel no more
of your pretence.
you knew before
false innocence.
i hear the words
that people say,
my grief gets worse
each empty day
the scars you left,
the words you stained,
without your theft
I'm self-contained,
I'm self-controlled
until i face
a new recall
of your disgrace
a new flashback,
a face, a word,
and i am racked
dethroned and hurt.
i hit the stone.
you went astray.
my world is gone.
i am here to stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home