Saturday, February 10, 2007

As if everything elese hasn't gone to crap....

Today started out well, I got a decent nights sleep, although I had a dream that I was looking for an apartment for my estranged spouse and I in Boston. Of course I woke up all freaked out as I had a get together with her today. Anyway, I got up at 8:30 to ready myself to go climbing (a Saturday ritual). After a quick shower and breakfast, I did my stretches, then sat down to write in my personal journal. I wrote only a page and a half, but it was pretty deep, as I had a lot on my mind.
Climbing went really well considering all that was running through my head. They have put up a bunch of new routes that are really fun. we climbed for about 2 hours, then went and had lunch. By this time, my mind was not on anything else but my meeting later in the day, so I could not even tell you the name of the restaurant. The food was good though.
I cam home, showered again (climbing makes you sweat), and then she came over for our meeting. I did not want to meet at the house as it is too emotional a place for me, so I suggested that we hit Caribou Coffee. Well, we ended up at Au Bon Pain, where we chatted for about 2 hours. I guess the conversation went as expected, but I did point out that I had goals that I would like to see achieved.
On another my world has gone to crap note, I pulled an appraisal fro my house and my house is worth $15,000 less than it was when I bought it in 2000. So basically, I have negative equity in my property. Ah, the great Michigan economy. I couldn't even sell this house if I wanted too, as there are more houses up for sale than not in my neighborhood. The joys of being stuck in a place with too many memories that you would like to let go of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home