Thursday, February 08, 2007

It was a good day

I will chalk today up as being a good day. Work went well as I was able to complete some very important tasks for my boss. I had lunch at Paneara Bread -- tomato soup and salad, and then worked for a few more hours. After work, I had a great phone conversation with this person who gave me some great guidance on my life situation. It really helped me put things into perspective, and gain some necessary understanding of myself. After that call, I drove up to Southfield to have dinner with my mom, who I have not seen in a few weeks. She has been under extraordinary pressure lately as my grandmother is very sick, and my uncle, who is retired, is being a big jerk. Anyway, we went to a restaurant called Alex's in Berkley and I had a chicken gyro that was pretty good. My mom had the chicken picata. We had some very good conversations, and she told me that I need to follow my heart, and do what I, not anyone else, thinks is right. I was happy she said that as I really needed some good moral support. My mom has always been good for that. She also noted that I have changed, that I am much calmer and patient. It is amazing to me, as I have had many people comment on my calmer demeanor at work too. I give credit to Dr N. and to my counselor who have been working with me to make changes to some bad habits that I had. In any case, I will keep working to make personal improvements for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home