Monday, March 05, 2007

Unanswered prayers

I was over at my neighbors house this evening to discuss getting them a new PC. Anyway, the conversation turned to me, and how I was doing. I told that that I was OK, and that I just have some frustration and anger over what has happened to me. I then went on to tell them that one of the things that I am angry about is that I prayed, and prayed for God to help me, but that my prayers went unanswered. Now, both of them are very religious, and they both responded that god works in mysterious ways and that he may of answered my prayers without me understanding.

To quote Garth Brooks as they did,
". . . And then and there I thanked the good Lord For the gifts in my life Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs That just because he may not answer doesn't mean he don't care Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers Some of God's greatest gifts are all too often unanswered... Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"

They also told me the story of Jimmy Buffet and his second wife which went something like this,

"...Jimmy and his wife Jane have had a wonderful, roller-coaster type of marriage, from the day he met her in the Chart Room bar in Key West, living together, breaking up a couple of times (I Can't Be Your Hero Anymore), getting back together (You've Got to Bend a Little) marrying, and having three children. The marriage is especially noteworthy for the autonomy they allow each other. Jimmy does his thing, and Jane does hers. On their travels, everybody brings along a friend. More often than not, Jimmy and his buddy will go off for a day's fishing, and Jane and her friend will spend the day shopping, exercising, or just plain talking. With the aid of a therapist, the marriage seems to work. Of course it doesn't hurt that Jane, according to her husband, is the best the galaxy has to offer. She is a great road manager, operates with patience and common sense, is an amazingly adaptable woman, and has a "wonderful, straightforward, no bull-shit style" of talking. The couple has been married for over 20 years."

Obviously, my neighbors, like me believe in the sanctity of marriage, but they also understand that I did everything possible to save mine. I have no guilt or regrets in that regards, because in my heart I know, and she should know, that I put everything I had into working through it. As I told them, I will always love the woman I married, but only her ghost exists, walking the Earth in purgatory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home